Thursday, July 17, 2014

Cowboy Baby Shower

This is the third cake I've done for this family, and to be perfectly honest, I didn't love the first two. The very first one was when I was just starting out, and it had flaws I look back at and cringe. The second one was only my second time doing a topsy-turvy cake, and my first time hand painting lepoard spots - and again, I look back at it and cringe. 

So this time, I wanted to give them something that I was delighted with. (Because obviously they don't cringe about my cakes, considering they keep ordering from me). 

Mission accomplished. 



I'm thrilled with how cute the baby and the saddle turned out. I'm thrilled that I finally got to use my leather impression mat. I'm thrilled with how well my new tiny baby mold turned out. I'm thrilled with how well the paisley turned out (paisley has thwarted me in the past). I'm thrilled with the star sprays, which are way more professional looking than my first few tries, which were fondant stars stuck through with aluminum tent stakes. Don't judge. I'm thrilled with how flawlessly those tiny hay bales turned out - another thing I've never tried before.

No comments:

Post a Comment