Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Rainbows!

I ♥ Pinterest. And like thousands of other people out there, I have lots of boards of things I want to try. Naturally, my biggest board consists of cakes and other tasty treats I want to try! But I don't often get the excuse to bake and decorate just because, so oftentimes my kids end up getting two birthday cakes instead of one. But that's appropriate, since we usually have a friend party, and a family party! If you're interested, here's the cake from the friend party.

This one was for the family dinner. The ideas aren't mine - they're straight from something I found on Pinterest at one point or another! I'm not thrilled with my smoothing job on the frosting, but that skill is a work in progress. One of these days I'm going to order the good stuff (AKA Sweetex) and really get serious about buttercream cakes!  









No comments:

Post a Comment