Thursday, September 27, 2012

Crabapple Pie

Poor crabapples. Around here, they are so misunderstood. My husband mutters about the mess they make in the yard. My girls throw them at each other and the dogs. My dogs and cats think they are for chasing and batting around on the floor. But me? I understand these pretty little fall fruits; I know what they are really for.

Crabapples are for brightening up my counter with color, and for baking into delicious pies. I mean, look at how pretty they are: 



But they're not just pretty, they are also delicious. Yes, I said delicious. Not right off the tree of course - they're called crabapples for a reason! But baked up with cinnamon, nutmeg, brown sugar and other tasty spices? And served warm with vanilla ice cream? Mmm...


I'll even share the recipe! Or take your order...I know not everyone is as obsessed with baking as I am. Either way.

No comments:

Post a Comment