Monday, September 17, 2012

3 Cakes, 3 Days

I don't usually travel to do cakes. It's not super fun packing all of my baking stuff, and then working out of other people's kitchens. But this weekend I did just that, for some really special cakes that I had planned before we moved. On the way to do those, I got to drop off this cake, which I ♥. I like all of my cakes of course, but there are some that I just adore.


There was a mini Eiffel Tower that went on top...I'm still crossing my fingers for pictures of the complete cake!

After the Paris cake was safely delivered, it was on to Torrington, where I was decorating a wedding cake for Sweet Lou's Bakery. Before we moved, I was going to work for Tauna, and we had taken this cake. Naturally I had to go back to do it!
 








Let me tell you, this was a HEAVY cake! I had nightmares about it falling over (or worse) the night before, and I was a nervous wreck following the car that was transporting it! But it arrived safe and sound, and I hear that everyone loved it.

After that, it was on to Laramie, to do a birthday cake for a special 4 year old. Missy is one of my oldest and dearest friends, and for her, I would travel to do a cake any day!




 I'm not brilliant at cutting out things and having them look right...but I didn't do too bad with these dinosaurs!


No comments:

Post a Comment